Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is third largest within France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. Some of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the actual church have finally been shut for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theater in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that's made in the actual English type of architecture. The park was built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The area has located many opera performances as well as dance shows. The cup ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fishes and other marine life species have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can learn various type of dance. There is a museum also is situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest shopping mall in France. The actual mall has the presence of the majority of the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and explore spectacles à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and you can take either TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the 3rd largest city and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This city is famous for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Romans and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km away. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to visit in the 30 days of September and Oct.